Saturday, January 10, 2009

Home

Today I left home (Arizona where my family lives) to go home (Iowa where my life is). It is kind of weird because I do feel like I have two homes.

Yesterday morning I woke up and pulled on shorts and a t-shirt, stepped out the front door, and went for my familiar 5 mile run. This is not the story now. When I got to my home in Ames, I needed to go to the grocery store because I had nothing to eat. Well I realized that I could drive my car because it is in the garage and there is a few feet of snow in front all up the driveway that is going to take a few hours to clear. So I decided to take the bus. I pulled on my boots, scarf, hat, winter coat, and gloves. As I was heading outside someone passed down my street on cross country skis! I guess that's one way to get around with all of the snow. Unfortunately I got to the bus stop about 10 feet too late. I decide to walk the 1/2 mile to the store. I trampled through knee-deep snow drifts! I managed to make it there with only one face-plant into the snow and luckily it was on my way to the store. :)

Anyway, now I am home safe. I always hate leaving AZ because I am so sad to leave my family. The Lord has blessed me with a family who really loves each other. So here I sit, wearing three layers to stay warm and eating a bowl of warm oatmeal (comfort food) for dinner.

Welcome to winter in Iowa!

No comments: