Saturday, April 12, 2008

God speaks

My current favorite quotation is the following by C.S. Lewis:

God whispers to us in our pleasures,
speaks to us in our conscience,
but shouts in our pains:
it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.

In my pleasure, He whispers to me "I am here, don't forget that I am the One who gives you these pleasures." In my conscience, He speaks "I am the One who made you. You are My child." In my pain, He shouts "I love you! I am right here to listen, comfort, and embrace you."

Most recently I have been hearing His shouts. Jesus is always near to me, no matter how far I might be from those people who mean the most to me. Jesus brings us to a place of healing and He walks beside us all the way.

Jesus is...
my best friend
my listener
my comforter
my teacher
my Savior
He is the Lord of my life.

No comments: