Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thesis: So what do I do?

(Read Sunday – Tuesday’s posts first)

Without getting into the nitty-gritty aspects of my research, here is a brief exposure to my research.

I have studied the in-stream sampling method that was used to identify the quality control sample in the 2005 NRI data. Both the data collection and review are completed for this data. Thus, I am able to look at if the errors that we thought the data collectors were making they were actually making and if the sampling units that we were targeting actually contained errors. I have analyzed several different variables to determine this. The outcome is that the sampling method was doing what we expected and did a good job of identifying sampling units that contained errors.

I have then been looking at ways to improve this sampling method to be more efficient. Also, while the sampling method used in the 2005 data was good, there were also things that we didn’t expect to find and ways in which we can want to change the design. I am working on recommendations for the in-stream sampling design to be used in later NRI data collection.

No comments: