Friday, April 25, 2008

Tilted Chin

If you tilt your chin up, what is it that you see? Where is it that your eyes focus?

This afternoon I spent time praying with a dear friend. She prayed that my chin might be tilted up so that my eyes would be focused on the Lord.

This coming week is going to be VERY intense as my thesis paper needs to be completed by Friday. I know that if I am not careful, I will focus my eyes too much on my work. When this happens, I become stressed and anxious. Now I still might feel overwhelmed, but I want my eyes to see Jesus.

I am praying that my chin may be tilted and my eyes focused on Jesus.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

"and when trial comes, we shall say: 'i will wait and see what
good God will do to me by it, assured He will do it' thus we
shall bear an honorable testimony before the world, and thus
we shall strengthen the hands of others." from Streams in the Desert by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman

Cherie Joy said...

Thanks Leslie for the encouragement!