Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bugs


Last night I decided on my favorite bug. LIGHTNING BUGS! I was riding my bike home from having dinner and watching a movie with a bunch of friends. I was riding past the corn fields (common occurrence here in Iowa) and there were little flashes of light everywhere. What I really wanted to do was stop and go lay down in one of the rows in the middle of the field and watch them. But I didn't want to do it by myself, perhaps if a friend was with me I could have convinced them to join me. Instead I just stopped and watched them for awhile. It was beautiful!

This morning I went out on a bike ride along my favorite country road with amazing houses and a deer ran across my path.

It amazes me that nothing in Ames is over 4 miles away and yet I can ride my bike through corn fields filled with lightning bugs and country roads with deer running across my path. It is funny about how distances are relative to where you live. Here in Ames I think that to go across town is so far, but it is only about 3.5-4 miles. When I am at home in Tempe, we drive that far just to get groceries at Trader Joe's. :)

Anyway, I am currently fascinated with lightning bugs and I just might venture out there again tonight to watch them!

No comments: