Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Like the deer

My run this morning took me through the park behind my house. As I was running on the bridge over the river, I looked up and abruptly came to a halt. Just ahead at the water's edge was a mother deer and her two babies. They were beautiful. I wish that I had my camera with me to take their picture. I watched them for a few moments until they ran off.

As I continued on my run, I was reminded of the following verse in the Bible:
Psalm 42:1-2a
As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
I spent the next mile praising the Lord for the great reminder of how my soul should thirst for the Lord. When the deer are thirsty they go to the source, to the river, to satisfy their needs. So to should I go to the source, to the Lord, to satisfy my thirsty soul.

No comments: